As the wind swirls the snow around, always remember that you can enjoy a glass of Cattail Creek Estate Winery’s wines any time without leaving the comfort of your home. From now until March 31st, enjoy complimentary shipping on all orders of 12 bottles or more! Feel free to pick your favourite wine or mix and match from our assortment of wines.
We are looking for a charity and are hoping that you can help us. As many of you may know, a portion of the proceeds from each bottle of Cat Series wines (White, Red, Rosé, Chocolate Strawberry Infusion and Chocolate Orange Infusion) went to support a charity that works with cats. In the past, our donation went to support the Lincoln County Humane Society’s Rescue Us Campaign. This Campaign was to raise funds for the Lincoln County Humane Society’s new spay/neuter clinic. Here in the Niagara Region, thousands of cats are stray cats that have turned feral. Many others are the offspring of abandoned pets who were not spayed or neutered in time to keep them from breeding. Because female cats can become pregnant at 5 months of age and can have two to three litters each year, two healthy cats and their healthy offspring can be responsible for breeding as many as 420,000 kittens, similar to the human population of Niagara, in just 7 years! That is nearly equal the population of the entire Niagara Region.
Feral and abandoned cats experience starvation, harsh weather, sickness, attack from other animals and finally death in the wild. Or they may be captured and placed into overburdened shelters. Ultimately most of these cats are unadoptable and are euthanized. In 2009, the Lincoln County Humane Society adopted out or returned to owners approximately 800 cats. Tragically, almost 1,700 potential companion animals were not adopted and eventually euthanized.
Cattail Creek Estate Winery donated over $4,500.00 to support the Lincoln County Humane Society’s work with the cat overpopulation here in the Niagara Region. However from all of your letters, cards and comments, we realize that this is not a problem specific to the Niagara Region…it is something that is happening everywhere. And so we have started our search for a cat-focused charity that we can work with to support their efforts in helping improve the lives of cats. But we need your help. There are so many wonderful organizations in Ontario that work tirelessly and we need you to tell us about them, what they are doing and why they need our support. So write, email, Facebook, Twitter, send videos – we can’t wait to hear from you.
- All submissions must be received by Cattail Creek Estate Winery by midnight, March 31st, 2014 to be considered.
- All submissions received by Cattail Creek Estate Winery will become the property of Cattail Creek Estate Winery and may be used in promotional materials and activities.
- All organizations nominated must be a registered, not-for-profit charity working towards the betterment of animals.
- Only organizations located within Ontario will be considered.
- Nominated organizations must agree to a visit by a representative/representatives of Cattail Creek Estate Winery before a decision will be made.
- Decisions will be made exclusively by Cattail Creek Estate Winery.
- Chosen organization must be prepared to provide a statement regarding where the donated money will be/has been used and how the donated money will/has benefited animals.
- Chosen organization must agree to the use of their logo by Cattail Creek Estate Winery in a promotional material regarding the wines and donations.
- Organization will commit to a one year partnership with Cattail Creek Estate Winery beginning June 1, 2014 until May 31st, 2015.
Email: roselyn @cattailcreek.ca
Mailing Address: R.R. #4, 1156 Concession 6, Niagara on the Lake, ON, L0S 1J0